Two of the best, homey dishes are pizza and lasagna. Sure pizza can be quick take out, but it can also be homemade and fun for everyone in the family to make. Today's recipe is a combination of two greats: Pizza Lasagna. I'm always skeptical about mixing two foods together (I still don't care for taco spaghetti), but I was asked to come up with my version of Pizza Lasagna, so here we go:
1/2 package sliced pepperoni
1lb ground sausage, cooked and drained
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
32oz ricotta cheese
3c mozzarella cheese
2t garlic powder, divided
1/4t red pepper flakes
1pkg. lasagna noodles, cooked, drained, and cooled
1 can olives, chopped
1/2c chopped onion
- Mix the ricotta, egg, garlic powder, oregano, and onion together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix sauce, red pepper flakes, and half the garlic powder. Set aside.
- Begin layering the lasagna in a 9x13 (or larger) baking dish:
- Layer 1: Sauce
- Layer 2: Noodles, ricotta, olives, sausage, cheese, sauce
- Layer 3: Noodles, ricotta, pepperoni, cheese, sauce
- Layer 4: Noodles, ricotta, pepperoni, sausage, olives, cheese, sauce
- Layer 5: Noodles, sauce, cheese
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F for at least an hour, or until the lasagna is cooked and hot all the way through.