Some have a tendency to avoid sugar cookies because they might seem complicated or because of the rolling and cutting. Well, today's blog has is a recipe for a very tasty, soft sugar cookie that requires no rolling and you probably already have all of the ingredients in your kitchen! I made these as a surprise for Mother's Day because my mom loves sugar cookies. She couldn't stop raving about them, so I think we're on the right track!
Super Easy Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4c flour
- 1t baking soda
- 1/2t baking powder
- 1c softened butter (2 sticks) - it MUST be soft, otherwise the cookies won't turn out as well
- 1 1/2c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, soda, and powder in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Once it's smooth add in the egg and vanilla.
- Slowly beat flour mixture into sugar mixture until it is all combined.
- Use a teaspoon (or your hands) to form 1-inch balls. If the dough is a little crumbly, push together harder.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Let them sit for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Even if the cookies are not golden brown, if you cook them too long they will get hard.