Sunday, July 4, 2010

Maintainer's Post: Happy 4th!

I just wanted to swing by and say hello! I hope everyone out there has a happy, fun, and safe 4th of July. I am currently watching the end of 1776 and am about to have some watermelon on this beautiful day.

On a personal note, I wanted to mention a couple things:

  1. A few months ago I made a post about being laid off. I am happy to report I have just completed my 4th week of being employed! I now work for a wonderful, reputable company with great people and it's literally 10 minutes from my house. I am truly lucky!
  2. As a little gift to myself for finding work and surviving the "lean" time (really, when isn't it a lean time, though?) I picked up a new digital camera. It is not state of the art, it was on sale and super cheap ($50!). But hopefully this means more pictures in the blog and a bit better quality.
So, enjoy the holiday, regular posts will resume Tuesday. In the meantime, check out this great video:

0 comments: