Thursday, August 26, 2010

In Search Of...

Okay, normally I post recipes, but this time I'm looking for a recipe. I have been baking since I was fairly little. Some people say it's a science, but I was never very good at chemistry. I could, however, add pretty much anything to a cookie and it turned out great.

But, and I am so ashamed to admit this, I have one huge fault. I have never, ever been able to make a great chocolate chip cookie. Just a plain ol' chocolate chip cookie! What's up with that? I've come close, but usually they turn out burned or flat or looking like this:


Which is exactly what I don't want. I want a fluffy, soft, chewy cookie that holds its shape and stays soft long after it has cooled. Why can't I find the perfect chocolate chip cookie? The picture above is the third round of the Original Tollhouse cookie (made with mint chips). I've tried different amounts of flour, different cooking times, different cooking temperatures, different ingredients....but alas!

I really don't have the time, patience, or money to try out every different variation of cookie recipe floating around the Internet, so I am hoping that someone out there reading this has the perfect recipe or the perfect ingredient to make my chocolate cookies the way I want.

For some reason I am over-complicating things like I have a tendency to do (which is why I'm not good at math).

Help?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you see this story in the NYT about the perfect chocolate chip cookie?

http://nyti.ms/9nf7Ub