Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sports Buzz: Are you ready?


I've always considered myself a tomboy. When I was little I would dig up worms with the boys and I very seldom enjoyed playing with dolls. So it comes as no surprise that I like watching sports. I used to be into NCAA basketball, which I still enjoy, but the sport I love watching the most is football. The action, the crushing of helmets, the great catches, the spectacular plays, the tight pants....

Can you feel it in the air? It's football season once again and I am stoked. Sure, it's difficult when my favorite pro team hasn't been great lately. The Seahawks had won their division for several seasons, but after that "loss" in Super Bowl XL things haven't been going so well. But, they have a new coach, former USC coach Pete Carroll, so we can always hope that this is the start of something great.

Well, I can at least hope that the Seahawks do well enough that our local Fox affiliate won't just stop airing their games partway through the season.

Go Seahawks!

Happy football season, folks!

0 comments: